Saturday, March 19, 2011


"Hole-y Business"

What does this "puttied" filled dent on my floor mean...
More than meets the eye...
It represents...
A divine appointment
It represents...
God's perfect timing.
It represents...
the heart of the man who patched it up

It could have represented...
A missed opportunity...
as I was going to cancel the appoinent because I had bible study in my home that morning....
But my heart told me otherwise..
As he was working on the floor, little did I know that...
the words of the music playing in the background
was touching his soul...
& that the words my friend and I were sharing were also music to his heart...
God using the moment to reach this man...
This man, who with tears in his eyes, had to tell me that he couldn't believe what was happening. He had to share how the words he was hearing were just what he needed. He was in awe... As I shared what God wanted me to share..
A divine appointment that would have never happened if there wasn't a dent on my floor.
An insignificant blemish, that I could care less about, yet the builder wanted it to be fixed.
God used my kitchen floor to speak to the man fixing it. A man who was at the end of his rope... and who received Gods message of hope..
God's perfect timing.
God...always working behind the scenes....He uses all things...even a kitchen floor...to get to a heart.
Who would have ever known what was going to happen in my kitchen that day.
The dent ...filled with putty...still remains a blemish on my floor. I asked him to leave it that way, as it reminds me of our awesome God, and what He
did on this day to this man's broken heart.
It also reminds me of how He is always working in our lives
"putty-ing" the wounds in our hearts, as we bring those hurts to Him....
...one layer at a time.

So keep Michael in your prayers as he got to taste the peace of God. I may never see him again.. but I pray that the Lord has many more divine appointments set up for him, so he will be at peace... because Jesus resides in his heart.
So keep your eyes and hearts open today... as God has divine appointments waiting for you.
Peace,
Joni
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..." Ephesians 3:20
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

No comments:

You are not Alone T wo footprints...actually mine. How lonely they look upon the sand as I approach the ocean. The ocean...such beauty...