Monday, April 25, 2011

His is Risen...Every Day

This morning as I saw the sun streaming through the windows ..reminding myself it was Easter ... I felt empty. It's Easter and I'm feeling like it is just an ordinary day. I put on my sneakers, and off on a run I went... to ask my Lord what does this all mean?
Does it mean plastic eggs filled with candy and a basket filled with hay?
Does it mean eating the traditional dinner that one worked so hard to prepare on Saturday?
Does it mean wearing your special new clothes?
Meditating on these thoughts, made me feel more empty than before. So as I continued talk to God, while looking upon the shining sun and glimmering waves. I asked Him to make the Spirit of this day, fill my soul.
And 'lo and behold... there on the beach was a cross, draped with a piece of linen!
My Savior.. no longer on that cross.
My Savior crucified on that cross.. just three days before..
Forsaken for my sin.
My Savior ... Resurrected in my life.
My Savior who put me back together .. Peace by peace...
By grace..
So I could wake up on a beautiful morning... Put on on my sneakers... And be able to run to the beach.. to see His Father's creation.. The waves hitting the sand and the sun casting light on my empty soul.
Easter is not about a day, a plastic egg , special mea!, or a new outfit. It's a day... That falls on a Sunday... To celebrate... like any day of the week,.. the resurrection of our Lord.
Because of the cross, every day I get to run as a resurrected joni... A joni forgiven for all I have done, for all I do, and all that I will do.
"Today is the day the Lord has made. Let us be glad and rejoice in it!" (Psalm 118:24)
Thank you dear Lord for that cross... That cross that remains empty...
Because your Son conquered sin on that bloody day so I... So everyone... could live... Happily ever after... Forgiven.
May the Lord resurrect those places in your heart that crave His Light.
Have a Blessed Resurrection Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday....Always.
Peace to you,
Joni

Well...I just saw another cross on the beach! What a day!

No comments:

You are not Alone T wo footprints...actually mine. How lonely they look upon the sand as I approach the ocean. The ocean...such beauty...