Monday, July 25, 2011

Unspeakable Joy!


FEAR...it paralyzes. It steals away the joy of every blessing. It is natural to fear the unknown or a scary situation...but have you ever feared "good"?
Have you ever been afraid of joy?
Have you ever been afraid of peace?
Have you ever been afraid of love?
Have you ever been afraid of being free?
Being free of fearing fear. Being free of habitual patterns in your life. Being free to enjoy your life right now, no matter what may be happening around you.
I was sharing with my husband this morning, that I feel so blessed... yet I am fearful to "just be" and enjoy my blessings...as I have lived my life waiting for the other shoe to drop. I am tired of living that way, especially knowing Who I know. There was just something that was getting in the way of my truly living in the freedom of the unspeakable joy that the Lord has for me....And I found what it was...It was ME!
If God is for me, why was there a constant angst following me?
If God loves me unconditionally, why am I not living as secure, significant , and accepted?
Why am I not jumping up and down with joy...just because God said that I can?
Fear...Fear of joy.
How absurd that sounds, but don't you think most people live like that? We want what we want when we want it....but what happens when we receive the blessing? Is it enough to fill that void in our heart so we live in that unspeakable joy?
I had a rude awakening this morning, as I counted my blessings....yet there was something missing...or should I say "Someone".
I know the Lord loves me. I know the Lord is in control. I know the Lord wants me to receive all that He has for me so I can live in His peace, His joy, His love. Yet, I have chosen fear to block my door to all that He has for me.
Well, this morning I did the unthinkable. As I ran to the beach, gathered up broken shells (my anxieties) to throw in the ocean, to surrender to God...I stopped. I was afraid to release it "all" to Him...rather "ALL" of me. I was afraid to be truly free to just be Joni. As I cried out to my Lord, He answered. Instead of throwing the shells in, I went in the ocean. I faced my biggest fear...the ocean. I was drawn to it, as I stood barefoot (couldn't go in with my sneakers)...and I joyfully took a wave....loving every minute of it.
Freedom....totally free....to run back soaking wet in my running clothes...yikes! But I did it.
No longer afraid to live "in" the glorious truths of the bible.
To be free to be happy. To be free to enjoy. To be free to be peaceful. To be free to be joyful...just because I can. Just because you can...just because God said so.
Free to be who God made you to be.
Free of fearing the good!
May you face every wave of fear in your life with the unspeakable joy of the Lord...and live in His freedom...His gift to you.
In His Glorious Peace,
Joni
"Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy" I Peter 1:8

No comments:

You are not Alone T wo footprints...actually mine. How lonely they look upon the sand as I approach the ocean. The ocean...such beauty...