Monday, September 06, 2010

This morning, three black crows decided to take a bath in a huge pothole at the bottom of our driveway. One flew in, and was splashing around...another crow spotted him and waddled (yes, waddled) over and jumped in with him....then a third. All having a grande 'ole time...in a pothole.
Taking a "bad" thing and using it for good. Something which causes a bumpy ride in my car, is providing a spa for birds.
It made me smile. It made me think about those things in my life which I allow to steal my "smiles" ...my peace, my joy. Those potholes in my path as I journey through life.
How is one to bathe with joy when these “disruptions” come? (a pothole is defined as” a disruption in the surface of the roadway”…interesting)
Just as this hole is serving a purpose for the birds, the holes in our life are also serving a purpose.
All things happen for a reason. God uses all things...for His purposes. Most of the time, we have no clue what is going on, and question why would God allow such a trial, an unexpected "bump" in the road....
With our every question, He has an answer…because….
" … we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)
God always working behind the scenes, putting together a puzzle in our lives...using all things...even a pothole in the street...
That hole...has shown me peace. That hole has taught me patience. That hole has made me smile.
Thank you God...for the birdbath at the end of my driveway.
God has filled many of the holes in my life. If it wasn't for the holes, I would never had needed a “hole filler”. Anything that I give Him, He fixes and fills with His love. He has everything that is needed to fill whatever holes are in our life.
No hole is too big for God.
These are opportunities to bring me closer to my Lord...where He grows my faith as I lean on Him and allow Him to "pave" my way.
The crows have left, and a little sparrow just came and drank from the pothole.
The annoyance in my life is an oasis for the birds.
Now when I drive out of my driveway, and my coffee spills all over me...because of the pot hole in the road...I will smile....knowing that this "bump in the road" is being used for good…. a resort for the neighborhood crows.
May you find joy in then midst of whatever bumps in the road are in your life right now…as you lean on the Master "hole filler".
Peace to you,
Joni
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 8:12

No comments:

You are not Alone T wo footprints...actually mine. How lonely they look upon the sand as I approach the ocean. The ocean...such beauty...