Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Choices... Every second we are making them. Some easy... some hard. Some right.... some wrong. Some come naturally, like brushing your teeth and some unnatural... like saying "no" when "yes" is so much easier.
Standing at the crossroads...

One road paved with fear and doubt...
The road of denial...the one taken because it provides a quick fix, instant gratification...the easier road to choose yet always leads to a dead end.

And the other road paved with trust and faith.
The much harder one to take...in the moment.

So why would I want to walk down the more difficult road?

Because "... wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
BUT
small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." (Matthew 7:13-14)

Traveling down the broad road always brought me to the same destination: one big mess.
Today, when I am at the crossroad...I choose the narrow road because my Lord promises to be with me...

"When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;" (Isaiah 43:2-3)

No matter what comes into my life, I can face it with the Lord by my side. I have nothing to fear because I have someone that I can trust. The road of fear and doubt is no longer an option.
I have faced some bumpy roads... And some I have avoided.... wishing I would have taken the " road less traveled" first... but what is so cool is when I have chosen the wrong road Jesus was always right there...to pick me up and wipe me off... with his forgiveness...
And then He pointed me back to the right road...and walked with me. He has done it....and will continue to do so... every time I take my eyes off of Him and wander down the wrong path.

With scuffed up knees, I will continue to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus...who stands at gate of the narrow road...so I will be able to walk through life with peace and joy, no matter how bumpy the road appears to be.
May your day be a smooth ride as you travel down the narrow road, hand in hand, with your Savior.

Peace to you,
Joni

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:2-3

No comments:

You are not Alone T wo footprints...actually mine. How lonely they look upon the sand as I approach the ocean. The ocean...such beauty...