Friday, September 03, 2010

His Shining Light

My search for the "perfect" sunrise....waking up early, rushing down to the beach with my camera so I could capture the most amazing picture of a sunrise. Day One....cloudy, no sun. Day Two...Too foggy. Day Three....one speck of orange...and the Days continued...no perfect sunrise. Trying to get the perfect sunrise to depict the perfect Savior. So....no picture, no perfect savior??? What a wake up call for me.
How the clouds or the fog get in the way of our experiencing the sunlight. What we can't see behind those clouds...is that there is that circular orange ball, shining always...even on a rainy day.
Our Savior...Our Jesus....sent to earth to shine in our hearts. God's "Son"...the light of the world....born to Mary, so He could die on a cross for me, for you..for everyone. As I have been waiting for the sun to rise, I seem to forgot that the Son did rise. He rose so, I can live...so I could experience love, joy and peace...like I have never experienced before.
May His light pierce through any clouds or fog that may be in your life right now.

Bask in the Lord's words below...as you allow His Son to rise in your hearts...so you can experience the perfect "sonrise" every morning.

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."
Lamentations 3:22-24



Peace,

Joni

"Trust God. Wait Patiently. Watch Expectantly"

No comments:

You are not Alone T wo footprints...actually mine. How lonely they look upon the sand as I approach the ocean. The ocean...such beauty...