Monday, August 23, 2010

Fix Your Eyes....

I walked into a door yesterday....as I was going into a Starbucks!
I was so preoccupied with a particular thought, that I didn't even see the plate glass door in front of me. The blow to my head woke me up out of my trance.. and the expressions on the faces of the 4 people who witnessed this, brought me back into reality. The hard part was staggering into the store, acting like nothing happened.
I chuckled to myself, as I was processing what I just experienced.
I was so fixed on a thought... that I was oblivious to my whereabouts. Now for me, that is a feat... as it takes a lot to get this hyper Italian to be totally zoned out.
Wow....the power of a thought.......
So... what if I was to be this focused on Jesus?
Oh the doors that would be opened up in my life...
the door of peace, the door of joy, the door of love....
Taking my eyes off of me, myself and I...and to focus them on
"...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy.." (Philippians 4:8-9)
...then...
I could probably walk through a plate glass window and be thankful....
Will I still feel the pain...The sting of life? Oh yes...But fixing my eyes on the One who is walking with me...step by step...I am able to walk away with a smile on my face because I know that He
is right there beside me... to pick me up, to wipe my tears, to comfort my soul....
But most of all because I know that the bruises I encounter are nothing compared to "an eternal glory that far outweighs them all".
So this bruise above my eye will remind me to re-focus my eyes throughout my day...fixing them on my Savior...

As you walk through your day today, make sure you look up...keeping your eyes fixed on Him....so you will experience His peace in all things...and avoid walking into any closed doors!


"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Peace your way,
Joni
"Trust God. Wait Patiently. Watch Expectantly."

No comments:

You are not Alone T wo footprints...actually mine. How lonely they look upon the sand as I approach the ocean. The ocean...such beauty...