Monday, August 09, 2010

The Surf Rake

Early in the morning, the Surf Rake machine combs the beach to make the sand one big soft blanket. It picks up the debri...all ready for a new day.
What peace I recieve when I allow the Lord to comb me...first thing every morning. He irons out the kinks...those things that get in the way of my experiencing His joy...as I ask Him:
"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

(psalm 139:23-24)
...I am in a very vulnerable spot, but one which the Lord can do His job on this heart of mine. Scared at first to expose myself to Him, but then I laugh as He knows my heart.(1 Chronicles 28:9). He knows everything about me...down to every hair on my head....and I have a lot of hair....
So if this God...knows it all anyway, then why not share it all with Him. When I come clean before Him, He meets me...He listens...He smiles...and then He changes me. What comfort to know that I have someone who I can tell anything to, at anytime....who loves me unconditionally.
Now that is freedom...and peace.
May you take a moment to sit with the Lord and share your heart....honestly with Him....so you can experience the gift of His presence and His unconditional love.
No matter what you tell Him, or what you feel...He will meet you right there...with His grace...His amazing Grace.
Peace to you,
Joni

No comments:

You are not Alone T wo footprints...actually mine. How lonely they look upon the sand as I approach the ocean. The ocean...such beauty...