Wednesday, August 04, 2010

CAST ALL.....
I was watching some fishermen at the beach yesterday, as they put bait on their hooks and then cast their lines into the ocean. Peacefully standing by the water's edge fishing, because they trust and believe that the "dead" bait will catch a fish...or not.
I have no interest at all in fishing, especially when putting the slimy worm or dead fish on the hook for bait...
But watching them "cast", made me think of the things that I need to cast, to get rid of... those things which steal my peace, my joy...
because the Lord tells me to in I Peter 5:7...
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
As we "cast",
throw off, shed... our worries to the Lord, He immediately "catches" whatever we give to Him...Why...because He cares so much about us. He is always willing and ready to take our worries and replace them with His peace.
Simple concept, yet hard to do. Daily I will cast worry to the Lord, but quickly reel it back in.
Some days I am doing a lot of fishing...casting the same care over and over again to the Lord...but am I really "casting" all ? I love when I truly give it ALL to Him, leaving the outcome to Him. With total reliance and trust in Him...I will reel in His blessings.
I want the peace that I see in the fishermen, as they patiently wait for the outcome...and they are trusting in a dead worm! So can you imagine when you trust in a living God, the creator of the Universe...for all things...the catch that you would get?
I have decided to take up fishing.....but for the Lord's peace.
May you experience God's peace as you "cast all" to the Great Fisherman ....because He cares for you.



Peace to you,
Joni
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

You are not Alone T wo footprints...actually mine. How lonely they look upon the sand as I approach the ocean. The ocean...such beauty...